By: Shelby Christianna
What is Love?
What is love?
Some say love is beautiful.
Some say it is the most wonderful thing to be in.
The bible says that love is patient and it is kind, that it does not boast.
What is love?
Is it painful?
Does it hurt?
Is it supposed to make you feel so low that you can’t stand to be around?
What is love?
It is amazing.
It does no wrong or evil.
The bible says love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth.
Love is the best thing that could happen to someone.
Your Pre-teen years can be VERY exciting! You are midway between being a young girl and a full-fledged TEENAGER which could bring a number of new privileges, freedoms, and responsibility.
However, it can also be a time of confusion with the quick changes you begin to experience.
- Emotional Changes as your hormones change
- Body Changes as your body begins to develop
- Changes in your skin such as acne
- Noticeable vocal differences
- Issues with Height (with some young ladies taller than boys of their age)
- Slower or faster body development than your peers
All of this can be scary, as everyone will experience changes at a different pace. Some may even tease you because of your issue. KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH NO MATTER YOUR ISSUE.
Do you have questions about things you may be feeling? Want to talk with others who have similar problems? Comment or drop us a note.
I hate you! You’re ugly! I’m gonna hurt you!
Have you been a victim of cyber bullying? Are you guilty of hurting someone in this way? Well together, it is time to help end cyber bullying. Some of the more extreme cases of cyber bullying have caused young people to harm themselves to avoid harassment. Others suffer daily from embarrassment and fear from cowardly acts. IT IS NOT OK! CYBER BULLYING IS NEVER OK! Here are some tips to avoid cyber bullies and help eliminate its effects:
(1) If you stand by and watch as one person bullies another, you are just as guilty. SAY SOMETHING!!! Tell the person it’s wrong. Tell an adult. Let the person that’s being bullied know that you’re there to talk if necessary. Take action.
(2) The old saying, “If you cannot say something nice, then don’t say anything at all” holds true. Think about the words you speak or type before you deliver them to avoid being hurtful. Put yourself in the person’s situation. Would you want someone saying anything hurtful to you (no matter how funny it seems)? Keep it positive or keep it moving!
(3) Avoid sharing so much personal information. The more information a negative person knows about you, the better able they are to continue to follow and harass you. Only those close to you should know certain information.
(4) IGNORE THEM!!! BLOCK THEM! Bullies need a target. Without a target, a bully’s actions do not matter. It may not seem like it in the beginning, but in time, they will go away.
(5) Remember that cyber bullying includes activities online, text messaging, and any other methods of mass communication. In any of these areas, only communicate with those that you trust and remember to JUST BE NICE!
Comments? Do you have any other helpful advice or tips? Stories you’d like to share?